Monday

Pieces of Us

Does anyone else LOVE a new project?
Perhaps there are others out there, like me, that love a new journal... totally embraced school supply shopping; I still get a slight high and rush of excitement when I go into Staples and see all the possibilities.  The blank pages, the new ink, the projects calling out to being.  It is all so fresh and new.

After a loss of a person, relationship, dream, or anything that leaves us feeling empty and left behind it is hard to imagine ever diving into something new again. Nothing seems worth the risk, especially if we are still healing a broken heart.  My heart is not healed from this year, but I have no choice by to keep on living.  And living means taking risks.

Our souls are evolving things.  My soul and my spirit grow with me, and are always much more willing to give than I am.  If I were in charge, I would be a stingy sinister person that never cared or gave a thing away.  I know that sounds like the opposite of me, because it is.  I am not allowed to live my life like that hoarding my money, resources, and love.  I am forced every day to accept that giving is how I receive.

My soul is ready to take risks again, with the full understanding that I might lose the piece I give.  I might take that chance, give my heart to something, and it might all fall apart.  But if life has taught me nothing else over the past year, it has taught me that I am able to make it. I will survive broken.  I will survive hurt.  I will survive.

Regardless of where you are in your healing from the past and ache, give yourself some credit right now.  If nothing else, you are surviving and in that survival you are learning you can make it though most anything.  Be ready when your heart is ready to go again, it is a beautiful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment